Tuesday, July 7, 2009






32 more images are up on my website for you to view. Check the Glacier July portfolio for the new photos. We spent Thursday and Friday in Glacier National Park camping and hiking to the lakes. Bear Grass was everywhere as it is the cycle year for it to flourish. Most pictures are labeled for location or people. The star trails picture looks like a good start (ISO 800, 5 minute exposure, 52mm & f5.6) but the fire was too close and the trees would have been blown out with a longer exposure. I should have stitched several 5 minute shots together and would have had a grand circular trail. It was cloudy the next night.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to know what the green is? Or is that a trade secret? Trees?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see your comment. The green is bear grass that is blurred while I was walking. My feet were sore and I was falling back from the group, so I started just shooting the surroundings. It was getting dark so I turned down the sensitivity of my sensor and increased the aperture to take longer exposures. This caused the blurring. You can see regular pictures of bear grass in my Glacier July portfolio on my website. The plant has a cycle where it really blooms every seven years. This is one of those years. It is everywhere around Glacier and Whitefish, Montana.

    ReplyDelete