Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Food Photography Class

I have been attending Food Photography Professional Studies classes all week. Monday we shot the traditional Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich. My hero was a little sloppy with the jelly and needed a little piped in to cover certain areas. My first treatment was too morning light/campfire yellow and turned the bread and peanut butter the wrong color. This copy is better but too similar to the standard shot. Too many tangents too--plate/sides, plate/glass, bread/bread, strawberry/plate/bread, etc.


Next we had our favorite food shot. My hero turned out to be less attractive than the stand-in so we kept working with the stand-in. Sauce starts to run after a short time and I needed to bring a blow torch to melt the cheese. Maybe next time I'll have one.


This morning we shot beverages and everyone had an interesting take on this subject.

In the afternoon we traveled to the bakery and our group's assignment was to shoot in an advertising style--product, brand, super clean, detailed, in focus, etc.


Tomorrow we are shooting in a restaurant and then open studio for more practice. More pics later this week.

1 comment:

  1. Kevin,
    knowing what I learned from studio, you were working with some difficult conditions. Food photography has always fascinated me though, and so I was so glad to see some images! I think my favorite was the beer shot. Good job! Hope it was fun : )

    ReplyDelete